The basic cosmetology program will prepare you for a wide variety of careers, including a stylist, colorist, nail technician, make-up artist, and esthetician.
The basic cosmetology program is a 1,500 hour program that is available full time or part-time.
- Full-time = 24 + hours per week
- Part-time = 15 – 24 hours per week
The basic cosmetology program trains students in both theory and practice, which will prepare them for employment in the cosmetology profession. The student will be trained to perform a variety of beauty services within the scope of practice of a licensed cosmetologist. These services include hair dressing, hair cutting, scalp treatments, permanent waving, hair coloring, facial, make-up and facial scalp massage.
In addition, students will learn about shop management and salon operations. The course will also train students in methods of proper sanitation and safety of the client and the cosmetologist. Additionally, the program will train students in ethics and encourage independence, which are essential when working as a professional cosmetologist.
- Completion of 1500 hours of coursework within 150% of stated timeframe of course (i.e. full-time being up to 18 months and part-time being up to 36 months)
- Final theory and practical exams with a score of at least 85%
- Tuition balance must be paid in full
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will receive a diploma and a transcript of hours completed.